Don Zimmer | September 28, 2022
Wisconsin Lt. Governor Mandela Barnes (D) is running in the November 8, 2022 election for U.S. Senator against our incumbent Senator, Ron Johnson. Lt. Gov. Barnes has been unwilling to answer questions from the media, leaving the people of Wisconsin to wonder a lot about what he stands for. Here’s a few questions Lt. Gov. Barnes should have to answer:
- Why aren’t you answering questions from the press?
- What are you trying to hide from Wisconsinites?
- Why are you denying you support radical left policies?
- You said, “People like Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Presley and Johanna Hayes, they’re bringing big bold ideas to Capitol Hill and they’re changing the status quo.”
- Which “big, bold ideas” of the Squad accurately represent Wisconsin?
- Why do you support the Green New Deal?
- You have claimed that you do not have time to “spin our wheels” to identify or reach out to rural independent and center-leaning Republican voters because they do not believe in climate change, deny the existence of COVID-19, and refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of the 2020 election.
- Do feel that you could fairly represent rural, independent, and centrist voters given your denouncement of them?
- Should there be any restrictions on abortion at all?
- Why do you think the founding of America was “awful?”
- Why do you want to release criminals without bail?
- Why do you want to give benefits to illegal immigrants?
- Why do you want to abolish ICE?
- Why are you supported by groups leading the Defund the Police movement?
- Where is the state patrol chauffeuring you today?
- Why do you want to increase the gas tax?
- Why is it fair to make hard-working Wisconsinites pay off the college debt of others?
- Did you ever have a real job in the private sector?
- Why didn’t you pay your taxes on time?
- Why didn’t you pay your parking tickets on time?
- You have opposed school choice programs in Wisconsin, but you yourself have attended a private school that accepts state vouchers.
- Would you deny children the choice that you had in attending a private school?
- Do you still believe that the government has the right to shut down religious gatherings in the name of COVID-19?
Candidate endorsements are available on the Wisconsin Patriot’s Toolbox.