Joe Bast | September 12, 2022
I am not a big fan of Theodore Roosevelt Malloch, a self-described “scholar-diplomat-strategist” who writes for American Greatness, but he performed a service for the conservative movement by listing 17 “hard-discovered truths” that are the polar opposites of what we are told every day by “all the centers of power and the commanding heights of the world economy.” Here is his list:
- Global warming is a hoax.
- Universities are about indoctrination, not education.
- Government is a form of manipulation with a two-tiered justice system.
- The media is fake and journalism died long ago.
- The financial system is a Ponzi scheme.
- Trump did not collude with Russia.
- The border is wide open.
- Inflation is not transitory.
- Defunding the police increases crime.
- The pandemic did not originate in a wet market from pangolins.
- Joe Biden is illegitimate.
- Crackhead Hunter is not innocent.
- Epstein didn’t kill himself.
- Black Lives Matter and critical race theory are not about racial justice.
- Women are not men and vice versa.
- Virtue signaling isn’t about virtue.
- Religion is not malevolent.
When I read this list, I couldn’t find a single one I disagreed with. And my mind quickly turned to a half-dozen other scams that Malloch missed:
- Officer Chauvin did not murder George Floyd.
- Ukraine is not a democracy.
- Covid “vaccines” aren’t really vaccines and won’t protect you.
- Abortion was never a right protected by the U.S. Constitution.
- Teachers unions have no interest in making schools better.
- Gun control doesn’t reduce gun violence.
Have we ever lived in an age when more lies were portrayed as “science” or indisputable truths by political leaders and then mindlessly repeated by such a large part of the country’s media? I doubt it.
Later in his essay, Malloch laments how misguided conservatives have been in their philanthropy. “Many millions are raised to fund yet more in-depth research at meaningless think tanks or named chairs at ruined universities. Still more is devoted to weak-kneed candidates without balls who are conservatives in name only. They go along to get along and accomplish nothing.”
You can read Malloch’s entire essay at https://amgreatness.com/2022/07/13/spoiler-alert-its-all-a-scam/.